22/01/2013

Meeting

Had an initial meeting today with Liz regarding her personal branding, where to take ideas and generally discuss what she was into design wise and have a look through some of her sketchbook work to get a feel for what she does.

It was quite literally getting a feel for it as she wanted to show me all the specific fabrics and textures she predominantly uses in her work. This really started to spark ideas about this could be taken forward into her branding, particularly her printed collateral.















































Liz has been experimenting with fabrics to quite an extent, a lot of which had been stuck together to give an unexpected feel to what the eyes were preparing me for. This was one of the instant things that struck me about her work, it didn't feel at all like what I expected it to.

I think this is something that would be so beautifully applied into her printed collateral, looking at duplexing different textured papers and foiling onto them, giving the appearance of simple print, but adding a much more tactile element. I know I'm getting ahead of myself in thinking about print process already, but i think it is a very important factor in delivering Liz's brand appropriately.