07/05/2013

EOYS Proposal

For the End of Year Show I wanted to propose something that stemmed from a project I particularly enjoyed. This enjoyment came from the second year image module when I was creating various .gif images visualising random phrases. This particular .gif (to the left) stuck in my mind and triggered thoughts as to how I could develop the concept into an exhibition piece..

It reminded me of the advertisments you see made up of a series of triangular prisms, with two images split up into strips and applied to the relevant side of each prism in order to view them corectly from a particular angle. I can't find the exact term, however the word 'lamellen' seemed to bring up a few examples of what I was looking for in order to back up my thoughts.














































This is the kind of idea I'm thinking of... and the physical exhibition piece will be reflective of the .gifs I create and start to work together somehow. Below is the diagram I sent of for the proposal and a couple more varients to show initial progression (not in any way how I propose my work to look just visual stimuli expanding on the concept)...