Reading drapers magazine in the hope to find some relevant research for my dissertation I came acrossthis advertisment. I love the use of contrasting type, accompanied by an abstracted image of a model as the background that uses the same compositional lines to slice up the type faces. I'm sure the sans typeface is Brandon Grotesque and I think the more deco style, combined with the use of colour makes for a very interesting piece of promotion.
Further research into what 'Pure 33 London' was actually all about led me to Pure London's website "the UK’s leading fashion buying destination, bringing
together mid-to-high end womenswear, young fashion, footwear,
accessories, childrenswear, lingerie and swimwear all under one roof."
I'm not so sure of the use of Brandon Grotesque for the main text
throughout the website but thats by the by, my interest is in their
brand mark and identity and particularly how it offeres itself up for continual progression
alongside the organisations development.
The use of 2 typefaces combined through a sharp angular line isn't where Pure London's branding stops. It has been carefully applied to many aspects of the brand and works extremely well in all instances.
Evident from the '33' and '34' examples to the left, the logo can evolve seamlessly from season to season, which is a necessity for the brand as they hold 2 main events every year.
The change of typeface and a slightly lighter tint of black instanlty changes the logo enough to differentiate between events, but holds more than enough identity to deliver their overall brand.
The website again makes use of the angular lines and bold colour, presenting each section of their practice with it's own little take on the concept.
Looking further at how the brand mark has been applied over a variety of mediums reinforces the consistency and overall high quality of the re-brand from London agency BuroCreative.
[source - BuroCreative]
[source - therasagoestolondon]






