24/01/2013

Joost Grootens

Whilst in Holland over the summer I visited studio Kernland at which point I was exposed to the work of Joost Grootens. I've spoke about his work before in a previous module regarding a certain choice of format for one of his books called 'I swear I use no art at all', that simply documented the past 100 book sthat had been published by the author.

I've found two of his books that are related to mapping, one of which I was shown at studio Kernland and another I've located online after doing a bit of research. I know a lot of books have been published under the name so I'm sure there are more out there, it's just a case of finding them.

These books have particularly inspired me to do something with infographic style content to create a hand bound publication, of what and why I'm still unsure but I'm determined to create a rationale backing up my decisions.